Very delicious deep fried white bread
- Bhatura = A soft and fried Indian bread
Preparation (Serves 6)
- 2¼ cups self raising flour
- ¼ cup oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2½ tablespoon yogurt
- ¾ cup warm water (pour gradually not all at once)
- Oil for frying
- Mix the flour oil and salt until it resembles crumbs.
- Mix the yogurt then gradually add the warm water.
- Make semi firm dough and keep covered for 15 minutes.
- Fill a pan with at least 4-5 cups oil and heat to 350 F.
- Test the temperature by dropping a small pinch of dough. If the dough rises in a couple seconds then the oil is ready to fry the bhatura.
- To make bhatura knead the dough one more time and make 16-20 balls.
- Roll out each ball 3-4 inches in diameter.
- Keep the rolled out bhatura separate on a floured surface.
- Fry bhatura 1 at a time, turn once after it rises.
- Fry for a few seconds on the other side and remove with a slotted spoon and drain on wire rack or paper towel.
- Fry the remainder and serve with Chole.